XIII Cheboksary International Film Festival will be held in Cheboksary from November 29th - December 5th 2020.
The Ministry of Culture, Nationalities and Archival Affairs of the Chuvash Republic with the support of the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation
The principle of selecting films for the competition:
Films for participation in the Festival are selected by the Program Directorate and the selection committee of the Festival. The list of films of competitive programs for feature films and short films, the program for screening films at the Festival is approved by the Ministry of Culture, Nationalities and Archival Affairs of the Chuvash Republic (hereinafter - the Ministry of Culture of Chuvashia).
1. Films contributing to the strengthening of peace and mutual understanding between peoples, regardless of their national and religious affiliation, may participate in the Festival.
2. Films presented at the Festival should not contain propaganda of violence, national, racial and religious intolerance.
preference is given to films that did not have a wide Russian distribution, which were not shown on television, were not released on disks and had not previously been shown in the Chuvash Republic.
3. Full-length feature films with a duration of not more than 150 minutes of Russian and foreign production of the last three years of release, never before shown on the territory of the Chuvash Republic, are accepted into the competition program of feature films.
4. Short films with a duration of not more than 40 minutes of Russian and foreign production of the last three years of release, never before shown on the territory of the Chuvash Republic, reflecting the ethnic specificity, problems, culture and traditions of the peoples of the world are accepted into the competitive program of short films.
1. To present the film, we invite one member of the film crew (producer, director or leading performers). The invitation may be transferred to another member of the crew if the director or actors are unable to come. All invitees are paid the cost of railway transport on the route Moscow-Cheboksary-Moscow, accommodation and meals. If necessary, arrival or departure by plane is possible.
2. Foreign citizens, directors and leading actors are participants in the competition program. They pay for travel through the territory of the Russian Federation, accommodation and meals.
3. Famous directors and actors for master classes and creative meetings. They are paid for travel, accommodation, meals, fees.
4. Honored guests. The terms and conditions of their stay at the Festival are determined by the Ministry of Culture of Chuvashia.
5. The invitation, the form of the filmography shall be sent to the producer or director of the films selected by the Selection Committee, indicating the terms and conditions of stay at the festival.
To evaluate the competitive films, the jury of the short and feature film contest competition are created. The Executive Directorate of the Festival assumes the costs of each jury member in Cheboksary, as well as travel to the Festival and back by train in a CB class carriage. If necessary, arrival and departure by plane are possible. The jury is paid a fee on a contractual basis.
The jury may not include persons who participated in the creation or commercial rental of films presented in the competitive screenings of the Festival.
Russian Premiere is highly preferred.
Submission is exclusively on Filmfreeway only.